We have put together the following step-by-step guide which you can use to help you through the stages of selling your property with Kingswood. Using this handy guide as you progress through the sales process, you can easily tick off each milestone towards completion.
- Arrange market valuations
- Put your property on the market
- Consider all offers and accept the one you are happy with
- Appoint your conveyancer. Agree the fees and when these are payable.
- The Estate Agent will confirm that the Sale is Agreed, subject to contract. You are not legally bound at this stage.
- Apply for mortgage and consider buildings and contents insurance and any other mortgage protection.
- A survey of the property should be carried out on the buyerís behalf.
- Draft contracts should be drawn up by conveyancers, local searches done and all property details agreed.
- Get quotes for removal companies.
- You should have received your mortgage offer by now.
- Agree a date for Exchange of Contracts and Completion (moving day)
Exchange of Contracts
- The contracts should be signed by both parties and the deposit should be paid as contracts are exchanged. You are now legally bound.
- Organise your removal company and inform utilities etc. of your new address.
- The balance of the property price is paid to the sellerís conveyancer. Once the money is received the Estate Agent can release the keys to the buyer.